NEW LAWNS & BARE SPOTS
- Level and loosed the soil base. Remove any debris. Add new soil if needed. Use a tiller in compact areas.
- Apply seed evenly with spreader - see back of package for spreader settings.
- Cover with soil to prevent drying out or washing away. Recommended 1/3” deep. Use erosion control on sloped areas.
- Keep soil dark and moist with frequent light watering. Once new seed has grown about 3 inches, reduce the frequency of watering and soak the soil more deeply.
RE-SEED ESTABLISHED LAWN
- Mow closely and remove any dead grass and debris.
- Spread grass seed over needed areas - see back of package for settings.
- Keep seed moist with frequent watering until new seedling reach the height of lawn.
WHEN TO PLANT
1. Fall (September in WI)
2. Spring (soil temp = 55°F +)
Do not use weed preventer or killer products prior to or within 90 days of planting.
Seeds germinate as early as 7 days, but dependent on season.
Water less frequently (every 3-5 days) once blades reach 1-2” tall.
Mow when blades reach 2-3” tall, taking off only 1/3 of the blade height.